Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reflections on Learning 2.0

This has been a long program and at times I found Learning 2.0 tedious. I really had to plug away at it sometimes because I wanted to give up. I am happy that I did finish because like most things, you have to plow through the boring to get to the fun/interesting stuff.

It was also difficult to find the time to do the work. I know there had to be some type of time limitation on it or else procrastinators (like me) would never have gotten around to doing it. However as a part-timer, my time is limited so I had to schedule these exercises into my calendar to be able to finish them on time.

Probably the front desk members got more educational worth out of this training than me because I do not work with the public. I think it was invaluable for them because they service the public that knows about these programs. Wouldn't we look really silly having to tell a teenager that we don't know what they're talking about and we're supposed to be their resource. Nevertheless, I learned a lot and would definitely participate in another discovery program. I can never say again that there's not much out on the web.

1 comment:

Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things, collaborated with peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.